Saturday, November 11, 2006

A hunk of squash, red pepper and cloves

a pair of scissors, a metal skewer and one toothpick (nearly hidden under the red pepper)

So what do you think I am going to do with this odd assortment of items?

Skewer up the squash and pepper, flavored with the cloves,and grill it for a little snack and then pick my teeth clean with the toothpick?

No, that would be way to predictable.

Got any other ideas?

Give up?

OK, I will show you...............







I bet you never would have guessed this, would you?
LOL.
Isn't he just adorable?
He would be perfect for a Thanksgiving table if you had planned to serve that squash. If not it would be a waste to buy so many squash just for the turkey heads.

I saw this idea someplace a while ago. I can't remember where, but I kept it tucked away in my brain. Yesterday at work the cook was cutting up squash & red pepper and I asked her if I could have these little pieces.

I disclosed my little baggie of company property to The Boss before I left, who raised an eyebrow in question.

"Times are tough at Zoey's house," I said. "You know what you pay me. This is all we can afford for dinner."

He just gives an incredulous shake of his head and walks back into his office. LOL. I love to work in such a fun place.

5 comments:

  1. Zoey, you are so darned creative! Your ideas are always fun and you're far enough away so I can use them on my table and take credit for being clever! "-)))) Ya gotta love this blogging thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. You weren't supposed to see this as it might be on the table for Thanksgiving Day. ;)

    Giddy, Go for it! That is exactly what blogging is about -- sharing our ideas, talents, etc. Don't forget to post a pic if you do it. I would just love to see your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey thats about the cutest idea I have seen in a while,and the best part is you don't have to store it you can just throw it away after you use it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it. What a creative setting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...