Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Few Comment Answers

I hope you all know how much I appreciate when you take the time to leave a comment on my blog. There are millions of blogs out there and I never take it for granted if someone takes the effort to leave a comment on this blog. I don't respond to every single comment, but I try to resond if a question is asked or just to say thanks now and then.

Sometimes I post a reply in the blog itself. Today is that day.


My first comment is from Karen: Get this,I think I actually killed my obedient plant.....

Zoey: No! Please share your secret. How did you ever get rid of that thug? LOL.


From: ankhorite
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ankhorite has left a new comment on your post "Look at all the 'Broccoli Flowers'!":

...
Your 'Elijah Blue' grass should come back next spring. Named after Cher's son with Greg Allman, if I recall correctly.

Love the jagged-edged green plant above the echinacea in your final photo. Never seen anything like it. Under the begonias to the left, is that a fern drooping down, or something creeping out of the pot?

I'm leaving this comment going back to my own blog instead of my tumblr account in case you want to say hi. :)


Ankorite, I would love to say "Hi", but you posted as anonymous so I could not reply to you. That is why I decided to post the reply here. I hope you see it.

The jagged edged leaves are Ligularia. It gets a tall yellow spiky flower. This year it was the best it has ever been. You can see the bloom, if you look under "Ligularia" on my side bar.

Under the begonias I have creeping Jenny. If you mean the big blackish leaf, that is Elephant's Ear.

I had wondered if "Elijah Blue" was named after Cher's son. I am happy to hear that it should come back next year. Thanks for the info!



Mon, September 6, 2010 12:45:18 PM[Perennial Passion] New comment on A Few New Bloomers.
From: becomingkate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love how you include the background, so that I can see how you've grouped them, or added garden art. Beautiful!


Hi Kate,
Thanks so much for saying that.

I always like to show the actual garden, not just close-ups of flowers. That is a pet peeve of mine--I can see flower close ups in any catalog....what I enjoy seeing is the full landscape. Like you, I want to see what is planted beside what, the size of the border, the shape, etc.

So I am just tickled that there is someone else out there who appreciates that I attempt to do that!

and from Betty in Canada who has been a loyal reader for a long time (Thank you for that, Betty. I so appreciate all of my loyal readers!):

Thanks Zoey for the recipe, I am making that dressing very soon with the potatoes of course:) I need to look for wholegrain dijon mustard..don't know if our grocery store carries that....

Betty, I think any mustard will do. If you have only plain yellow mustard, just give it a good squirt. It will be fine.

Once again I want to thank all of you who take the time to leave a comment. If you want an answer, PLEASE make sure you don't post as anonymous because there is no way I can contact you.


For the past few days, I have been working on a Christmas tree skirt that I want to use this year. I posted about it on my sewing/quilting blog. Just click here if you want to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Zoey..that will be one beautiful tree skirt. And I had already imagined you were working on something for Christmas. You my dear girl never 'just sit and do nothing'.

    I might use plain or dijon mustard then for the potato salad dressing but will keep looking for that wholegrain mustard.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...