Friday, September 7, 2007

The Things I Do for My Pupae

I had to perform a delicate surgery on Pupa #2, who took the whirl around the jar in the dentist's parking lot. I tell you, it was a sight to behold. He gave a whole new meaning to spinning silk.

After a comment from Annie about a museum gluing pupa on branches, I decided to super glue my little guy back on.
It worked perfectly.
Now if they would get on the stick and do something!

Today is Day 14. I am getting concerned that they will not be in need of my birthing chamber until next spring.

I read that they overwinter in the chrysalis state when they go into their fall metamorphosis. I hope they realize that it's not fall yet!






People are always telling me they don't have time for hobbies like quilting. They always wonder where I find the time to work full time and make quilts.

I have to admit I don't waste precious bits of time. I am usually all ready to go to work by 6:30 a.m. I only live 2 miles away, so I don't really need to leave until 6:50 a.m. I have decided there is no reason to get to work early every day like I used to.

Now I spend that time paper-piecing. Yesterday I finished this much in twenty minutes: When I got home I completed the two roses.
20 minutes/day = 1 hour every three days or 2.33 hours per week. You can get a lot done in over two hours.

If you really want to do it, you can always find the time!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you! Though I don't work outside the home, I take a few minutes after dinner usually to work on my art projects. If they don't get finished, I have something to work on and add too.
    You can definitely see the butterfly shape happening. Maybe they are taking their time...until spring! What kind of butterfly are they Swallowtails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dianne, they are swallowtails. At least that is what I think they are. I am sure no expert, so who knows WHAT may come out! LOL.

    Hey, I just now came from commenting on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy glued the pupa...now I've heard everything!! LOL But hey, it seems to be working! Speaking of which, I was just visiting another blog for the Show & Tell Friday and this lady has a post about her pupae turning into butterflies today...here's her blog addy. http://littlewomentreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always quilt in the morning before work. It helps put me in a better frame of mind before heading out into the world.

    Of course, it still takes a long time to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did they ever emerge from the chrysalides? I came across your blog while looking for info on why my ladybug pupae are doing 'push ups'. I still haven't found an answer, but i loved watching your metamorphosis video! Wow. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...