and I had not even showered!
All day today I was working on the next border for the rose quilt (I need to think of a name for it).
At first I auditioned the log cabin blocks again.
They are just too visually heavy and it's not likely they will end up in this quilt. Since I have only made six of them, it's no big deal. I may turn them into a table runner (my current favorite thing to use up quilt blocks gone bad).
Almost immediately after I rejected them, I though of using the same border I put around the original rose block.
Bingo! It was just what I needed to do.
However I had a few problems and had to do some tearing out.
It is 1000% more painful to tear out when you are doing foundation piecing with tiny little stitches. Unfortunately I did not lay out the top and bottom border before I sewed all the blocks together. I should know by now that it never pays to take shortcuts! It ended up that I had made 2 extra blocks. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG...there was nothing to do but rip it out.
Anyway I finally finished and I am very, very pleased.
Now I have a problem. The quilt is 56" x 42". Only a baby size. I don't have enough of the same fabrics left. I am in BIG trouble now! I will have to think this over for awhile.
It's almost 4:00 pm so I have to go find something to make for dinner.
Last night we had frost. The neighbor's roof was a lovely glittery white color when I got up. I've been too busy to even go out and check my plants.
I also have not checked the pupae since yesterday morning. I am assuming they are going to hang around all winter since it's been over three weeks since they went into the chrysalis stage.
Well, I must go. I do hope I have time to read some blogs later this evening!
I went out and checked my plants on the deck. Except for the coleus, they are all fine. I did pick the few sunflowers that bloomed and brought them inside to enjoy. Combined with a few dahlias they made a nice bouquet. That orange dahlia in the front is the one I blogged about a few days ago. I am still not sure which dahlia it is.
I also picked most of the little tomatoes. I have enough for salad for the next few days.
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
3 years ago