Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's all Pea's Fault!

I had no intention of buying shoes. Then I wandered over to Pea's Corner and she had just posted about the sandals she bought. I thought they were great and was happy for Pea's good fortune to find them on a buy- one- get- second -1/2- off sale. Then Pea mentioned the store where she bought them and I realized that the same store was in our tiny little mall. I knew I was doomed.

After work Friday, I ran right on over to the shoe store. At first I didn't see them. I was disappointed, but I really didn't need any shoes. So I tried, but it was OK that I failed to find them.

I was just about to leave when I glanced down at the bottom shelf.............................YES! There they were! Just one pair and it was my size!!!

It had to be an omen. I have never been one to ignore a good omen.

Of course I bought them .

I love the pinkish-peach color and that butterscotch-colored crystal in the center is just enough bling to satisfy my love of colored gemstones (even if they are fake).

But best of all they have a wedge heel just like the pink plaid pair I bought for my 1/2 off the second pair part of the deal.
Yup, can't you just see peach-tipped toesies wearing these sandals?

So, Pea, my checkbook isn't all that happy with your Friday post, but I thank you for your part in cluttering my shoe closet even more than it already is!

Yesterday we went on an overnight trip to see Chicago Transit, a Canadian group in tribute to the band Chicago. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would since I am not a big rock fan. I was surprised that I knew most of the songs.

In two weeks we are going again for a 1950's female singer tribute -- Doris Day, Patsy Cline, etc. I am looking forward to that one. Hopefully I won't forget my camera like I did yesterday.

We got home at noon today and I have worked nonstop ever since. I cooked 3 different main meals (8 meals total), froze some and saved the rest for later in the week. We both have appointments every day but Monday so there is no time to cook. I feel good that everything is ready to reheat.

For dinner tonight I made some Crescent Chicken Squares. It's the winning recipe from the 1974 Pillsbury Cookoff. This is the first time I made it and we both enjoyed it. DH said, "It's a keeper." That's high praise from him.

It's a chicken, cream cheese filling inside a Pillsbury Crescent roll. If you want to try it, just go to the Pillsbury cook off site and put the name in the search box. It should come right up.

6 comments:

  1. Zoe,

    Love the shoes...food luck yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dish looks delish!

    And why didn't you take a picture of your feet in those sandals (and no, I don't have a foot fetish, but I will admit to enjoying the sight of pretty feet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I also love the shoes you gals bought, but I'm not a fan of the things between my toes. I am getting the urge to buy shoes though! : )
    Your dinner looked good! Also like a Chicken Pot Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoes are very pretty Zoey..as for me I can't wear anything betwen my toes..believe me I've tried!
    Wow girl that is some cooking you did..great to have that all ready for the week.
    Have a good one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome! LOL I'm sooo glad that you were able to find them...hmmmm, now I'm looking at your pink ones and I want those! hehe I think I'd better just stay away from Payless right now or we'll both get in trouble again! lol

    Chicago...is that the group that did "Color My World" way back when? I used to loveeeee that song and would play my 45 rpm record over and over again. Glad you enjoyed the tribute show you went to see!

    That chicken looks really delicious, I'll have to check out the recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shoes!
    And your presentation on the chicken dish is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...