Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Flowers to Brighten a Cold Rainy Day

It's been very cold the past few days. Today it's rained all day. I think the rain will continue the rest of the week. Today's high is 48 degrees.

It's OK with me. I rarely complain about rain because without it, I have to stand with a hose for hours every day to keep things growing.

I went out at 6:30 a.m. yesterday morning and nearly froze to death getting a couple shots of the creeping phlox. It's almost in full bloom in this picture.
I have to say that I am loving these yellow tulips that were supposed to be purple. The purplish stripe they started with is turning a wider red color. I have no idea what they are, but I know they are definitely not the Hot Pants that I ordered. I think I like these better. It's not very often that I am this happy when a company messes up my order.

I must have Halloween on my mind. Remember I bought a skeleton last weekend. This morning I had 15 minutes to kill before leaving for work. I decided on the spur of the moment to make this 4.5-inch witch block. It took precisely 12 minutes. I had all the fabric out from my last projects, so I just grabbed pieces and started sewing. I have no idea at the moment what I will end up making with it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Zoey..I'd pick up a piece of fabric and still would be sitting there hours later wondering what to do with it..
    Your phlox and tulips look gorgeous! We've had total sunshine for 2 days in a row! That's making me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey, I love all your crooping phlox with the tulips. Just lovely! I'm glad to see that spring is in full gear in your gardens! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden! The flowers are gorgeous!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creeping phlox and tulips are gorgeous!
    Hope it warmed up again!
    You are really a fast square quilter!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...