Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes


Yesterday I was wined and dined, with servers anticipating my every need.

Today I was the cook, the server, and the dishwasher.

Just look at this mess from my marathon cooking spree.

I guess it's not so bad when you consider I cooked enough for about six meals.



I made a pretty tasty dinner of spinach, beef and cheese-stuffed pasta shells.

The freezer has three extra meals of it and I made a big pot of chili for tomorrow and at least two other days.

I also made red velvet cupcakes for dessert. I am still in the Valentine mood and a red dessert just seemed to fit.

O.K. I confess. I used a cake mix. But don't they look pretty?
They tasted O.K., but not really like a good from-scratch red velvet cake.

When I wasn't cooking today, I was sewing.

Look at this pattern and imagine putting 4 of these 6-inch blocks together. What do you think it would look like?


Sometimes it's hard to visualize what the completed 12-inch block will look like when you see the pattern with no color.

I know you are just dying to see another quilt block, so I will show you.


1.5 hours and 74 pieces later, it became this.

It could have been put together in different ways, but I chose this layout and I love it. I do believe that my favorite part of quiltmaking is seeing the first block completed. This one will become a pillow.

I also finished machine quilting this one. It, too, will be a pillow.

I am really making progress and have almost completed 4 deck chair back quilts and 5 pillows. I can't wait for summer to get here so I can use them all!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you trip in the woods really invigorated you! I should do that too as I sometimes get into a project and hate to stop to make dinner. Reheating is so much faster.
    And wow! Look at those colorful quilt squares! I can see you sitting on the deck with a bowl of oranges and limes in front of you...and perhaps a Margarita! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like your blocks. I haven't yet learned how to paper piece but that is definately on my list of things to do.

    The colors you chose are so vibrant! Your house will be so cheerful come summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne, I hadn't thought of it, but now I must remember a bowl of limes and oranges! What could be more perfect? Oh, and no "perhaps" about it, I am sure I will be prancing about the deck with a Margarita! LOL.

    aj,
    Welcome and thank you so much for taking a moment to comment. I just learned to paper piece about a year ago and I am TOTALLY hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are your new deck colors, right? I like them and that machine quilting looks neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and DH are so adventurous! I love the horses and your beautiful, colorful quilt blocks. I can just imagine you sitting and relaxing on your deck, margarita in hand!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...