Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's always Exciting When the Library Calls with a New Book


I ordered this book 2 months ago and have been wondering when it would come in.
I had nearly given up any hope of ever getting it.

It's a book about wrapping gifts, called Presentations, by Carolyne Roehm.

I have just glanced through it, and will spend more time with it this weekend.

This chartreuse and pink package with dried flower heads caught my attention.


Imagine that pink wrapping paper being tangerine. It would look great sitting on the table on my deck this summer. Now who can I invite over on their birthday so I can give them a gift to match my deck quilts? Ha, ha....don't get the straightjacket out. I am only kidding. Although......it sure would be cute. July 26 is my Dad's birthday.........Hmmmmmmmm......I wouldn't rule it completely out after all!

Last night I turned that little 7-inch flower block into a big 21-inch flower-within-a-star block.
I made a little "oops" in it. That dark green on the bottom left sticks out like Zoey would in a Miss America bathing suit competition....Not a pretty sight!

I was tempted to just leave it because ripping out tiny stitches is not fun.

But I decided if I was putting this much effort into these babies, they might as well look their best.

So early this morning I ripped it out.

Oh, look at the book underneath. . . that ribbon sure does match...


6 comments:

  1. Hey my birthday is in fall...can you wait that long?? lol
    What a nice treat to finally get the book you ordered. I just know we will be seeing uniquely wrapped gifts! If only there weren't so many miles between us I would ask you to be my official 'gift wrapper'!
    I think those squares you are working on for a quilt has my name on it! I'm sure of it!!(~smile~)
    Enjoy your day, Zoey!
    Here the sun is shining and it's -13C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like a book I would love to thumb through. I am going to "check" it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower block! Love how you explain your little "oops".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, Fall won't work. I will have to make all new items so the fall colored gift will match my deck quilts! LOL.
    It was a nice sunny day here, too. Very enjoyable for a change.


    Hi Lynn, I hope your library gets it more quickly than mine did. I didn't have time to look at it tonight, so I can't tell you if it's worth reading yet.


    Debbi, Thanks. It's nice to see you out and about again. I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm just gonna go get the straight jacket, hang on.....
    Zoey I think the matching gift would actually be a very characteristic thing for you to do :)
    Your dad would probably appreciate it too, or at the very least, your mother would :)
    Looks like you got your sewing machine back!! Whew! Hope you didn't have withdrawal symptoms too badly while you waited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where has Kerri been? Girl, Zoey got a new sewing machine. : )
    Oh, so you preview books before you buy them? I guess that's what a library is for. Our library here isn't that great, at least in the books I'm interested in. I have my own cross stitch book library too-probably didn't pay full price for any of them. ; )
    Chartreuse is one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...