Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Sewing Angels are not Smiling Down Upon Me Tonight

After last night's successful cardinal block, I was eager to try another one. I got home a couple of hours late today because I had a dentist appt. and a nail appointment.

I sat down for about an hour to catch up on my blog reading while the nail polish cured. About 6:00 p.m., I decided they were ready and I started on block #2. It was going along beautifully--much easier than the cardinal. I estimated it would only take one and a half hours. At about the one hour mark, I discovered that I really needed a different fabric way back on the first section. It was actually the very first piece I put on.

So I had to rip out hundreds of teeny tiny stitches. I can save two sections (out of 6).

VERY DEPRESSING!

So much so that I decided to forget about it until tomorrow. Instead I grabbed my can of Necco candy wafers and came here to make my daily blog post.


Oh, yea, I also jabbed my finger with the scissors (see the bandaid?).

8 comments:

  1. I hate when you are all ready to start a project and it doesn't work the way you think it should.You must need to kick back and clear your head tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Zoey!!! I hope you can be reassured by your beautiful cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the Necco wafers help? Sorry you had to go to all that work just to rip it out!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer-I can tell you I've frogged (rip-it) many tiny cross stitches myself. I guess you just had a check up if you are eating Necco wafers. I've been eating them myself. My dental work is coming up, so I'd better eat them all soon!
    Sorry about your cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you had to do so much frog stitching, but your nails look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momma said there would be days like that(: (remember that old song)
    Its still so frustrating.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I noticed your band-aid; I figured you had cut yourself, and that that was the bad news. I had to have 3 stitches about a month ago, because I got in a hurry with my rotary cutter...that's what I was afraid you had done. Rip those stitches...not yourself. Love the cardinal block...
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch, Sharon! That must have really hurt. I just jammed the pointed end into my finger--nothing compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...