Friday, May 19, 2006

Rustic Blueberry Cobbler Anyone?

I cut into that *#@!* pie and sure enough it was more like blueberry soup.

Kasmira, I wish I had used cornstarch instead of flour. Darn! I seem to have better luck thickening with cornstarch.

Well, I was not about to let 7 cups of blueberries go to waste.

I had to put my culinary thinking cap on to salvage this one.

Here's what I did...

I carefully removed the top crust (in pieces) and layed it on a dinner plate.

Then I scooped out the runny filling and put it in a pan on the stove and heated it to boiling and ...

darned if it wasn't thick as could be....I did not even have to add anything to it. Now I believe I just cut into it too early...it was still warm.......I cooked that thing over an hour so it must have gotten hot enough to boil and thicken up....wouldn't you think?

Anyway, I scooped the filling into little individual serving dishes and layed a piece of the crust on top........Voila! Country Cobbler. LOL


I have been cleaning my tush off this morning... good thing I have a rather large amount of tush, so I can keep going with no danger of losing it all.

See this mess?


Everything that was under my sink came out. I scrubbed the inside (even the pipes) and then put everything back neatly


Since I am on a roll, I thought it was a good time to clean my baking cupboard, too. I removed all the stuff before I made coffee for the little break I am currently taking. I know once I sit down I may not feel like doing it, so this forces me to finish.



Break time is over....off to put everything back in an orderly fashion.

Update:
That didn't take any time at all...10 minutes maybe. Look how organized it is now

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...