Wednesday, May 31, 2006

How to Post a HyperLink

I was reading a new blog yesterday and the author was asking how to make a hyperlink in her post.

I was going to tell her in a comment, but once I started, WOW! it was way to complicated to explain in a comment. I remember not that long ago trying to figure this out myself. I would have loved to have found a post with pictures explaining it all.

So here goes my attempt:

First you need to find the unique address (the url) for the post you want to refer to. You want the URL where only that post comes up, not where there are multiple posts (like on your home page).

I get this by clicking on “links to this post” at the bottom of my post. For some of you, you will click on the time instead.



The URL is here


Right click on it and click "copy"
Now you have the URL stored in your computer’s memory.

Go into Blogger and write you post.

When you come to the word or words that you want to hyperlink,

Highlight them (in my example I am using the word “here”)

Click the hyperlink button (see pic below)




When you click the hyperlink button another box will appear on your screen

Right click in the box that popped up where it says “URL”

Click paste

The unique address of the post you want to link to should now be pasted in that box

Click OK

Your done. Finish writing your post and hit publish.

I hope that someone who reads this will be able to figure it out and be as excited as I was the first time I made it work. It is so much more fun to blog when you understand how to use the tools provided.

3 comments:

  1. Hello from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. I don't know if I can get it to work or not, but I'll give it a try !!!
    I have mentioned your blog @ #549 on my blog 21 21 21 Blogs as your blog is worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I asked for this info too, in my blog...thanks so much for taking up your blogspace explaining this...you are a great friend for doing so!!
    I will try it a little later on.
    A lot of things I have learned about blogging have just come by accident...but experienced bloggers are a great help~~have a great day!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, are you a technical writer then? You write like one. ;-)

    (Can you tell I used to be one?)

    I love the view showing both your rock gardens.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...