Saturday, April 8, 2006

Easter Egg Tree

I've been meaning to show you the Easter egg tree I made from one of those ubiquitous fake ficus trees. I am sure you all know these trees......

I have a couple in my basement that I no longer use, so I pulled off all the branches and was left with a bare trunk. The holes from the original branches were a little small so I used a drill to get them to the size where I could insert branches.


I used a little hot glue in each hole to secure them. It was very easy to do.

It ended up looking like this


Just the right size for an Easter egg tree!
I actually made two of them, but I ran out of eggs so could only use one.

Does anyone else do any Easter decorating? I have been searching blogs, but am not really finding much. I guess maybe it's not such a popular holiday to decorate for.

3 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful Easter decoration! You have a fairy hands!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a gal that recycles! It looks really pretty.
    I actually love to decorate for Easter/spring, but I can't really do much this year because of the mess in the house. I have a collection of Blushing Bunnies on a hutch plus a glass egg display, the later was in a photo a few months ago on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. I do decorate for easter, in fact i meant to put stuff up this week but i have been sick. The big question is if i will get well soon enough to make decorating worth it...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...