Sunday, June 19, 2011

Heuchera Caramel and Heuchera Villosa Tiramisu

I have admired Heuchera 'Caramel' in so many online gardens. I am so  excited to be the owner of this beautiful foliage plant which contrasts nicely with any green color in the garden.  I think it's apricot foliage even looks great against this silver Lamb's Ear.
It will have tall airy stems of light pink flowers in the summer.

I also bought this one called Villosa 'Tiramisu': It's beautiful chartreuse leaves with red veining are supposed to turn amber for the summer and then a  deep red for late fall.

Chartreuse is a color I can't get enough of in the garden.   "Tiramisu's' blooms will be white.

Not everyone is as enthused as I over these two. DH says they look like the stuff he rakes up off the lawn every fall!  He has no sense of color contrasts in a garden. :)

I have not decided where to plant these Coral Bells. I think I will remove the Bergenia from the front of this border and plant 'Caramel' here.
I wonder if I can split it in half and put one on each side. 'Tiramisu' is too much the same color as the hosta, so I will find a better spot to show off its color.

14 comments:

  1. Don't you just love these new Heucheras? I have several of the villosa strain and they are so strong compared to the original coral bells. My daughter-in-law has carmel and it is stunning when full grown.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love these plants. I just planted Heuchera 'Caramel' this spring and it brings so much color everything around it. It is also doing beautifully in my zone 7 garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do men know???they always have something to say though don't they...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE these gorgeous colors for contrast! You are way beyond being on the right track!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both and love them. I am big on Heuchera in the garden. Have lots of the different burgundy ones also. Your garden is beautiful.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heucheras have the most delicious-sounding names. They make a beautiful warm contrast to the cool colors in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caramel, yum, it even sounds delicious! (Can you tell I'm trying to watch my weight?) I don't own this one yet, but now I'm thinking I should. It is beautiful in your garden. I love the coleus 'Sedona' too, for the color and 'Caramel' is one better, it's perennial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have Heucheras in my home garden. These are beautiful...think I might want a couple...Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty Zoey. I just love all of the different colors Heuchera's come in now.They do go so well with the greens in the gardens.The Carmel is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those two plants are stunning, Zoey! I really love the colours, especially the Heuchera 'Caramel'. I'm still giggling at what your hubby said about it...men!!! Colour coordination/contrast never seem to be their strong suit. lol Your gardens are really starting to pop up with lots of colours, simply beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a painter's eye for arranging plants! Love the contrast of warm/cool colors and combination of textures! Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your new purchases. They would look great in the spot you are thinking of.

    Thanks for your comment on my post. It's not so much I'm down on my garden, but that I'm not sure what I really want it to look like. The new area is growing more slowly than I think it should. I have a book that talks about having a natural looking garden with mostly native plants. I guess that is causing me to be down about what's in there right now. I will make some changes next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a beautiful blog! Gorgeous flowers and quilting, perfect combination. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous color combinations caught my eye and knocked my socks off!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...