Monday, July 27, 2009

Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins

Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits and they are in season right now. We bought 5 lbs. this weekend. I decided to make some muffins.

The recipe is from Taste of Home magazine. I found it reprinted on this recipe site. You fill the muffin cups about half full of batter.
Then add the cream cheese/blueberry mixture.
A tablespoon of streusel topping is sprinkled atop each muffin.



I was worried that they would overflow and mess up the oven, but they behaved nicely. The cream cheese mixture solidified as you can see in this cross section.
I thought they were quite tasty and will probably make them again.

2 comments:

  1. You had me at "Blueberry Cheesecake" OMG- YUM!! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look tasty! I like blueberries, but they don't like me! I find a granita recipe for strawberries where you put a pound of them in a food processor with water and sugar and then strain them through a sieve. You freeze and scrap the pan for a few hours and then have a yummy icy concoction. You can use any berries!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...