Friday, July 17, 2009

5pm and 56°

It sure does not seem like mid July, but I don't mind. It's sprinkling just a bit and I am hopeful that we will get more rain tonight.

The sunless day makes for some good picture taking so I went out and a snapped a few. I am glad that I moved this big piece of driftwood because I enjoy it much more in the arbor gardens than I did further back in the woodland.
The white trumpet lilies burst into bloom while I was at work today. I think they are bigger than usual this year.



We are staying home this weekend and I am not sure what I will do. There is an craft show down at the boat harbor, so I may go there tomorrow. The library just called with another book so I will pick that up and do some reading as well as some gardening.

Isn't this the cutest McDonald Christmas ornie? The little bear is sitting in a bag fries--too cute!

A long time ago I mentioned that my husband collects McD's items. Dianne, from Diane Rambling On, remembered that and she sent him this. I thought that was so thoughtful of her! She is such a kind, thoughtful person . Thank you again, Dianne. We will think of you everytime we use it to decorate for Christmas.

Right now I am going to have this colorful salad for dinner.


It's a meatless meal tonight because I don't feel like cooking. DH has leftover pizza, but I will just have a salad and some chili fritoes with cream cheese :). These fresh sweet cherries make a nice addition to my salad and the poppy seed bottled dressing is the perfect complement.


What will you all be doing this weekend?






2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love perennials too, and I love your blog. I'm leaving for chicago this weekend and couldn't be happier about it!
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili cheese fritoes and do you dip them in cream cheese. Sound like something I'd like.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...