Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I Finally Bought a Scarf I Really Like!

I am totally happy with my latest scarf purchase! It is very lightweight and there are no tying skills involved. You just toss each end over your shoulder and let it hang the way it falls.

I am getting ready to go to my sister-in-law's for Christmas dinner.  She asked me to make a fresh cranberry salad, which turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself).  I know because last night I had my Mom & Dad and sister over for Christmas eve dinner and I made a smaller bowl for us so I could make sure it was edible. :)  I have never made this one before, so I googled to find a recipe using fresh oranges (the entire orange all ground up), fresh apples, cranberries and canned pineapple.  I found a couple of recipes, combined and changed items to suit the family likes/dislikes until I had something I felt would work for everyone. I whipped it up at 5:00 a.m. yesterday.  It's super easy to make. I think everyone but me has made a similar recipe before.  Jim and I both loved it, so  this will now be on my holiday recipe list.

I am not a very good girl all year, so Santa does not bring me much. :) 

But this year he did bring me these shoes that have strands of yarn sewn throughout:
 I just love them and can't wait to wear them.  I have a few orange jackets (yes, I am one of those people who like orange) that should go nicely with these.


I hope you are all enjoying your holiday festivities as much we are!





1 comment:

  1. Scary! I made cranberry salad almost like yours. Mine is just oranges and cranberries and sugar, chopped in food processor.
    I too love Orange, I still remember the orange corduroy pants I had in high school, the kind you have to lay on the bed to zip!!

    Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...