Sunday, August 7, 2005

Double-Duty Planter

This is my calla lily planter. As you can see the callas are all finished sans the lone survivor in the front. When I planted it, I stuck in some coleus so that I would have something to take over when they finished. Yesterday I cut down the spent callas and many of the huge leaves to expose the coleus. I left just enough calla leaves to store energy for next year. Now I have a "new look" for the remainder of the gardening year. The leggy things overhanging the planter are light-deprived poppies. I had a free packet of seeds from some magazine that I also threw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...