Friday, April 1, 2005

Log Cabin Progress

I just spent the past 1.5 hours on the log cabin quilt and I am down to only one and a half more blocks to quilt! I will probably finish the quilting tomorrow. Now that the gardening season is almost here, I need to get the whole quilt finished so I can move on to outside activities. I have really enjoyed the hand quilting on this one and am almost sad to see it coming to an end. Because I quilted along each seam, I did not have to do any marking. I still use the old pencil-marking method and it is not one of my favorite parts of quilting. Does any one else still use a pencil? Most of you probably machine quilt. I have attempted machine quilting, but, alas, I have NO talent in that art.

I am planning to make a few matching pillows for the log cabin. I may try an envelope style with a fringed border for one of them. So many projects, so little time!

I need to go wash my new Amazon purchases and get them put away. I was reading the instruction booklet for the KitchenAid and I guess I need to do some beater adjustment before I can use it. I need to go find a screwdriver for that. Do any of you have a KitcenAid and, if so, do you like it? Please tell me yes, as I have just spent a decent wad of cash on this baby, and I really want to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...