Monday, April 11, 2005

Chicken Bow Tie Pasta & Rice Soup

I love soup. For an early dinner tonight I made a delicious Chicken Rice & Bow Tie Pasta soup. With a couple of pieces of garlic toast, it was the perfect light meal. It is very easy to make, especially if you have chicken left over from a previous meal.

Chicken Bow Tie Pasta & Rice Soup

2 cans chicken and rice soup
2 soup cans water
2 14 oz cans chicken broth (I used Swanson)
a large handful of bow tie pasta (two handfuls, if you have small hands!)
salt and pepper to taste
good sprinkling of parsley (I used dried)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
1 TBL Chicken base (or a couple bouillon cubes), optional
-just to add a bit more chicken flavor-(add either before adding salt, taste, and add more salt if needed)

Bring the two cans of chicken broth to a boil. Add the bow tie pasta and simmer about 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Heat through. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. Better late than never, I just now got around to making this soup. It is so easy, so quick and so delicious. Will add this to my file of rotating recipes.

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Nadine from AK

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...