Friday, February 11, 2005

Backing & Batting Completed

I have added the backing (muslin) and batting to my jeans quilt. I used quilting pins rather than basting as I have found this to be so much easier and I have not had any problems with puckers on the back side. I just could not bring myself to tie any part of the quilt (I just don't like those ties sticking out all over). I decided to hand quilt a simple star in each corner and center of the pieced blocks. In the plain blocks I will quilt a large star in the same shape as the pieced blocks. Eager to see how difficult this would be, I marked one block and began...............while I wouldn't say it is easy, it is doable, but not something I will do for long periods of time. My fingers are a tad sore and I have only quilted 3 small stars. It will be a long slow process, but I am in no hurry.

Did you notice the crocheted afghan on the chair? My Mom made it for me several years ago. I just noticed yesterday that it is in the same Ohio Star design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...