Monday, June 3, 2013

Rain is not so Good for Coleus

It took just two days of sitting out in the rain to do these two 'Dark Star' coleus in.


So sad.

They did not get hit by frost as we hauled all the annuals inside the garage every night.  They did sit out one night when the low was in the 50's and it rained and rained and rained.  Live and learn.  I am just glad that I only lost two.

Last night it got down to the low 30's.  There was ice on the windows of the truck at 6:30 a.m. this morning.  I am so glad I decided not to plant any deck containers with annuals this year!   It is going to be cold all week.  I want to get the containers done at work, but it's just too darn cold.  This will be the latest I have ever planted them. 

I hope you are all getting better weather than I am !






10 comments:

  1. We got hit hard last night. I haven't planted much of anything yet and I guess I'm glad I'm running so far behind. It showed 28 on hubby's thermometer in the screen porch. I'm wondering if flannel shirts are going to get packed away this summer or not!

    Sorry about the Coleus. I had no idea they were so tempermental!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes it does pay to be behind. :) I think I would keep those flannel shirts out a while longer.

      Delete
  2. My gosh...just look at those coleus. Who knew? This weather is crazy...we are cool again today and it will continue all week...actually cold yesterday.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your Coleus, they are one of my favorite flowers!

    Today I bought a pot of Red hot pokers. hope I can keep them alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just sad, Zoey. Our weather here is much the same as yours. What a crappy Spring we have all had- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so sad Zoey. I so love Coleus but don't mess with them myself as I want the garden to be where I don't have to plant things at some point but always enjoy what you manage to do.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, Cher. Today I noticed a couple of the 'Sedona' coleus have met the same fate.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...