Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dwarf Golden Threadbranch Cypress and Ajuga Make a Nice Combo as does PINK briefcase & Grey Jacket

I am very happy with the two Dwarf Golden Threadbranch Cypress that I planted in 2011 in front  the two Ninebark Diabolo shrubs that flank my front porch.  I am trying to fill in all of the soil  between the two Golden cypress with  Ajuga. Here is one side on June 1st.

I like it.  I think by next spring the entire area will be filled in. 

I could not find a Ninebark shrub yesterday.  I hope the local places get more shrubs soon.

 Between the rain, DH cleaned up the drooping pine branches on the huge back yard trees.
I don't know what I would do without my garden helper. I've said this a million times, but I can never say it enough---he's a keeper!  I did buy those six yellow privet shrubs you see in the front of the two trees.
I needed some yellow on this end of the rockwall garden to coordinate with all the yellow I have on the opposite end.


It's been raining here for days.  I am not complaining because I like the rain

and it will knock the pollen from these pine trees, so we can sit on the deck without being covered in yellow dust.


I was recently gifted with this gorgeous pink leather ladies' briefcase:
  The color is a bit off in the above picture.

It is really a pink/purple color.  I think it will go nicely with a grey jacket like this one:
 I cannot even wait to carry it to work!  Thanks Aunt Mary!!

7 comments:

  1. Great color combination. Now that you mention the Ninebarks, I don't believe I've seen any out either. I notice though that the regular places carry something and then don't a few years since they figure they got the market for them. I've also noticed that nursery trees and shrubs are up in price quite a bit from last year.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher,
      I have noticed the same here. Last year there were no Tropicannas to be found in this city, so I had to use my own. This year they are back. I probably won't find a Ninebark this year.

      Delete
  2. Love your gardens- You are blessed to have such a wonderful helper, too. I have a very unwilling helper- he would rather nap! lol
    Your pink case is gorgeous. I had a pink purse and just an idea- I sprayed it heavily with leather protective (like they use for shoes) and it still looks like new-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,

    thanks for the tip on the leather protective. I never even thought of that. I think I have some that you need to rub on. I will have to check. My helper used to be unwilling, too. It was like pulling teeth to get him to help. Now that he is retired and I am still working, he seems more willing.............LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have such a great garden helper! And I need to invest in some Dwarf Golden Threadbranch Cypresses...I think they would add some zip to a couple of areas in my garden! So pretty here Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give them a try. I hope you will be as happy as I am with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if you're up for a road trip but a local nursery has their Ninebarks on sale this week. They are just a little north of Frankenmuth MI, Abele's Greenhouse & Garden Center

    https://www.facebook.com/#!/abelegreenhouse?hc_location=stream

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...