Monday, June 10, 2013

Orange and Purple Spring Garden

The weather warmed up a bit over the weekend and a few more flowers opened.

Lilacs--so common and so beautiful.
 


I made a bouquet with some Ninebark branches for my front porch.



 


In the rockwall garden in the backyard I have a Miss Kim lilac shrub that I planted last fall. I am happy to see she survived the winter and is blooming the first year.


Here is a closer view of the allium I showed you in my last post.

Way back behind the back arbor you can see the first poppies growing in the woods where I just let them ramble on.  This pic is slightly closer...

I will walk back there and get a close up...
I love the purple/orange combo in spring!

I should have a lot more purple when I get home from work this afternoon.
The forecast promises a  warm day and these iris should join the colorfest.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely Zoey. Looks like we went from still chilly/cold straight to hot. At least things are so far looking great up there for you.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good, Cher. The next problem will probably be lack of rain...it's always too much or too little...I am sure you know how that goes.

      Delete
  2. It was my first year for alliums-and they are indeed gorgeous. You really have the nicest garden. When mine "grows up", I hope it looks like that.
    Is your yard fenced? Because my attempts at hosta was a bust--the deer just LOVE them and I can't help but notice some really nice ones in your garden.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fence, Sue. For the past few years I have just been lucky!! Usually the deer demolish all the hosta. I used to spray the plants with Hinder a gazillion times a season--every week. Last year I did not even do that. I just enjoy them while I can because I know those deer will be back...

      Delete
  3. Your garden is beautiful, Zoey! I love the lilac bouquet with the Ninebark branches. It still hasn't warmed up nor the sun shined. It's supposed to today. We'll see. They have been saying that for days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb,
    I thought today would be warm, but in never even hit 60 and it rained. I liked the rain, but another dozen degrees would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe I can smell your lilacs as I type. And you know I've always admired your allium!

    Spring . . . it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spring is a good thing. I am so glad it was here for a few days. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, and it will be even more so when those Iris bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Scott, Nice to see you...it's been a while. I have been visiting your blog, too, but have not commented in a long time (Shame on me!). Your garden is looking very nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to see the flowers blooming in your garden that I am now missing in mine! The lilacs and irises are long gone, so I enjoy seeing them here! Your garden is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...