Thursday, December 30, 2010

All the Christmas is Gone from My Home

I spent most of the morning taking down the tree, packing up everything and hauling it down to the basement.  I am one of those people who cannot stand to have all the decorations around me once Christmas is over.  On December 26th, it's like someone turns the spigot on my holiday spirit and I want it all GONE.   It does feel good to have the task completed.

I also removed all of the live greenery from inside the house --just one big arrangement and the new dining room centerpiece that I quickly put together last night.   I threw away the cedar boughs, removed the birch bark and twine bows from the candles and redid them with  glitzy gold bows and zebra fabric (yes, I even have zebra fabric in my stash--just in case I ever needed it--and today I did. One can never be too prepared--LOL).
 Same candles -- totally different look.  Never pass up big chunky white candles if you find them at a closeout price.  You can do so much with them.  I may hit a few stores this afternoon to see if I can find a few more. They often go on the sale rack with the Christmas items.

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm working on it Zoey, just about everything down but the tree. I, like you, am ready for this to be over and look forward to spring.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't dare take down anything until the beginning of January! I got to hit a few sales and I add to my decorations. It took too long to put up to take it down too quickly. I need to reorganize my boxes too. Had a sinus/throat thing, so not a good idea for me to be working in the basement.
    I think your new zebra prints and decor are fab!
    I was in JoAnn's with my mom and they were pretty well picked over. Found a few things in Home Goods-even a cupcake holder that is black which I may paint white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange for me this year..I want to extend keeping the tree up. Normally I would have it all cleaned up by the 26..27th at the latest. So I'll be enjoying the twinkling lights for another day or 2.
    I love those big chunky candles too, I should be checking the stores to see if there are any on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Here’s to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.”

    Happy New Year, dear Zoey! Wishing you & yours all the very best that 2011 has to offer!!

    I'm just loving your zebra inspired decor...you even have some plates that match!! It sure does make a gorgeous place setting, complete with the candle bows.

    I've just caught up on your last few posts. Now that the busy season is over with and all my company is gone, I'm hoping to be more consistent with my blogging and visiting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...