Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wine and Paper Piecing Probably Don't Mix Well

Today I was gifted with a bottle of this wine:
Since it's the holiday season, I decided I would try a glass when I got home from work this afternoon. It's a white wine made from  Sauvignon Blanc grapes.  A page including tasting notes comes with the wine. It says:  Fine, precise nose of apples, ripe pear and wet stone minerals  Hmmm...the wet stone minerals has me wondering what it will taste like.....

I am happy to report that I really like this wine! 
I don't taste anything  that reminds me of "wet stone minerals", but I am still a novice when it comes to wine.  Just recently I have advanced to dry white wines.  I am still trying to develop a taste for reds. It's just fun to experiment.

I am planning to sew a bit tonight on my snowman block. Early this morning I made three of the 19 sections. 

I think that I may want to limit my wine to one glass before I begin sewing any more!

I think everyone is busy with holiday preparations because I have noticed a lack of blog posts this week.  Anyone else notice the same?

4 comments:

  1. You sure were aren't long lost sisters? I had a wine day too . . .it's on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess everyone is busy with last minute prearations..just wait until after Christmas:)
    A nice glass of wine..may have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was supposed to say preparations..my fingers were moving faster than my brain:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed it too....guess everyone is busy...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...