Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Waited Two Seasons for this?

What a disappointment this Peruvian daffodil (also known as Spider lilies) proved to be! I planted it in April of 2009 and have been waiting patiently for the gorgeous blooms the package promised.

So far I have just one bug-nibbled bloom. It's interesting---you know how I love flowers with weird blooms! Have you ever seen a daff that looks like this? Cool!


But this is what the packaged promised:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......that is all I can say.

In honor of the slightly cooler day today, I had chili for dinner.


MMMMM...MMMMMMM....cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and fresh chives--Now this is how chili should be eaten!

6 comments:

  1. I love Sour Cream on Chili. We do the same thing. My husband had never tried it until I introduced it to him. Now he has to eat his chili w/ Sour Cream too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a bit disappointing.. maybe you'll get more blossoms next year :) Well at least you had amazing chili! it looks so delicious and is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...that is a little disheartening...but I agree with the above comments...maybe it will take a few years to fill out and be lush like the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sweltering here and still I could go for a bowl of that chili right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Peruvian daffodil looks interesting in spite of being a disappointment for you..a conversational piece:)
    Mmmm..chili is always good!
    Word verification is: sizednip..is that what happened to your flower?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh. Go with Red Spider Lilies instead of the Peruvian whites.

    Chili, then a sprinkling of cheddar cheese, then the dollop of sour cream.

    DH adds chopped fresh onion above his cheese, and skips the sour cream.

    And Dear Friend puts a tiny pinch of cinnamon in her chili.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...