Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Balls of Fire!

We just returned from a weekend get-a-way. On Saturday night we went to a Tribute to Jerry Lee Lewis concert. Click this video for 38 seconds of pure energy!
Wow! Could you get your leg up there on that piano? LOL. I don't think I could.

Does anyone remember this pioneer of the rock & roll culture? He was a bit before my time, so I did not really know much about him. My husband knew of him and told me that "Great Balls of Fire", was his biggest hit in the late 50's--a time when I was barely out of diapers. I knew most of the songs though.

We met a couple of our Canadian friends there and enjoyed a tasty roast beef dinner, a glass or two of wine, and even danced to an Elvis love song - Can't Help Falling in Love.

The only food pic I took was the dessert--some sort of lemon trifle--very light and good, although I was shocked that they had no garnish on this plate. A squiggle of colored sugar syrup and a sprig of mint would have made all the difference in the presentation. In spite of the naked plate, I still had a great Mother's Day weekend. I hope you did, too.

3 comments:

  1. Haven't they heard it's all in the presentation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the nerve...no garnish?lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy looked good! I know of JLL because of the movie about him (Dennis Quaid) and he married his cousin when she was 14.
    The dessert did look yummy. Perhaps the lemon candy on top was the fancy garnish? If so, why not sprinkle some powdered sugar on the plate?
    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...