Saturday, September 19, 2009

I've Got a Bone to Pick with You

I recently made this centerpiece from foliage plants for my dining room table.

It's just canna leaves, ipomea, and coleus.

This morning it occurred to me that it might make a nice background arrangement for my Halloween table.

Remember this guy that I bought in May while browsing some tourist shops at the Soo Locks?

Mr. Bones.

He's been laid to rest in a box in my computer room just waiting for his big day -- when he gets to be the main attraction on my dining room table. Today's not the day, it's just a dress rehearsal.

He's a cutie, isn't he?
He's even a candle holder.
I think he's going to be just great.
A few weeks ago I bought him some friends.

I could not resist -- I tried to walk away, then DH kept saying, "If you want them, buy them."

So I did.

They are made to go on stakes outside. But I never had plans for them to be outside. My first thought was a table decoration. Not sure how they will work out, but it will be fun to work with them.

I just hope I still have some foliage plants for the background in mid October.

What would be a good meal to serve with these guys?

I am thinking hot wings and finger sandwiches. That would be sandwiches shaped like a human finger. Yum! Yum!



1 comment:

  1. Wow-I see a Halloween table in your future! I also see you bought the set in Big Lots! : ) We have one a mile away. I am hoping that the big empty grocery store in the same shopping center will be split into a Trader Joe's food store and a Michael's craft store. A girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...