Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie in a Crescent Roll

That's what my dinner tonight reminded me of.


I don't have a recipe. I just sauteed onions, carrots, and celery until they were soft. While they were cooking, I cut up 4 chicken breasts that were grilled last night. I tossed everything with one jar of chicken gravy. Then I opened up two tubes of crescent rolls--any brand will do.
Each tube has 4 rectangles (two triangles together). You just press the indentation from the triangle together to make one rectangular piece. Sorry, but I did not take any pictures while I was making these.


Put a big spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center. Pull up all the edges to the middle. Twist it and pinch closed all the openings. Brush a little butter or oil on the top and sprinkle some seasoned bread crumbs mixed with paprika on the top. Then bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until they look like this:



They were very good. I had leftover chicken mixture, so I put some extra filling on each plate.

Now I am puttering around with some fall leaf quilt blocks. I made four so far.

I made two and then decided that the stems were too wide, so I made the second two more narrow. That's why the center does not match up. I won't worry a bit about it. It's the spot where the centerpiece will go, so it will be covered.

I have some salad plates with fall leaves that need a table runner, so that is probably what this will become.






4 comments:

  1. ZOEY! I made chicken and dumplings this weekend!!! Must be that autumn snap in the air,eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little chicken creations look very fancy! Nice. I have to chuckle because my late mother-in-law would make chicken pot pie several times a month when Brian was growing up. He didn't care for cooked celery at all. If she knew this, she should have left it out or replaced it with corn or something. I would have. He eats cooked celery for me though. : )
    Cute quilt square. I love autumn decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken pot pie..good and simple..that's how good food should be. Those little pot pies look so cute!
    And a sure sign that autumn is here is when Zoey brings out the quilting..smile
    Word verification is 'under'(as in under the quilt??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... your pies look delicious. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...