Friday, April 10, 2009

Coconut Macaroons

I just had a craving for coconut so I whipped up a quick batch of these cookies. If you are a coconut lover and you have never made these, you may want to give them a try.

Coconut Macaroons

1/4 cup white sugar

1 large egg white

1 cup sweetened coconut

about a 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 tsp. vanilla

pinch of salt

First preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get your pan ready with a nonstick baking mat.

Then whisk the egg and sugar together for about a minute.


Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Whisk again.
Chop up a handful of walnuts (or whatever nut you like--or leave these out if you prefer)
Stir in the nuts and coconut (I just used the whisk).
Look how that perfect ball formed inside the whisk! Just whack it a few times on the side of the bowl and it will come out.
Drop by rounded mounds and bake for about 13 to 14 minutes until bottom is golden brown and the tops also have flecks of golden brown. Don't over bake or they will be too dry.
I had these all done in about a half an hour and that included taking the pictures. The recipe only makes 8 cookies, so it's perfect to satisfy a craving, but not do too much damage to a diet (not that I am ever on one).

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a cookie I would really like. I love coconut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good! I have made them before. Too bad there are only 8! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love macaroons..thanks for the recipe Zoey, which looks easy and simple to do. I like the idea that it yields only 8 cookies!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...