Saturday, February 10, 2007

Remember those 3-inch blocks

that I was making last Sunday? Well, I made a few different 3" inch blocks after work each night last week. This morning I had quite a sizable stack and decided to see what I could make from them. It's like a jigsaw puzzle fitting these pieces into a larger block. You never know just what it will look like until you get done.

This is what most of that stack morphed into:


Isn't it just amazing how tiny little blocks of fabric turn into larger designs? Do you see how the little bits of blue make another star when their centers join? I've been doing this for years and yet I am still amazed when I see the outcome.

Unfortunately I am running out of the light green background fabric. I will have to decide whether to continue with the stars with a different background or just make 9 stars for the center and something else for the rest.

I am leaning toward changing the background fabric to a slightly darker green and maybe even a third green, so that it will look as though I planned for the color to gradually get darker from the center outward.

So far I am liking this one enough to spend time to make a king sized quilt for my bed. I don't have a star quilt yet.

9 comments:

  1. You, my dear, are an amazing quilter! Those blocks are just gorgeous and I love the design it's made when you put them all together!! You're really making me wish I knew how to quilt:-) Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good color combination, I really like this quilt. Is this one paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Zoey should give us quilting classes!!!....Is there anything this lady can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What more can I say!!! You are amazing Zoey!!
    Your work inspires me to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No pun intended, right, Linda? (..."inspires me to pieces")
    Quilting....pieces....LOL

    Thanks for the nice words everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, what happened to my word verification today? It's gone.
    Hmm....so much easier to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good, your quilt. You are so talented!

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigrun, Thank you.

    Hey, I just discovered that the blog author does not have to do the word verification on her own blog. Neat!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...