Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Warning -- This Post uses the "S" word.....

I saw my first snowflakes today.

They were wet and slushy, but nonetheless they were snowflakes.

After I got home from work, I made some nice hot vanilla-flavored coffee and sat right in front of the window reading, occasionally looking up to watch the snowflakes fall.

I spent a very pleasant half an hour reading my latest quilt mystery. I am sure that five months from now I will not be nearly as excited to watch the snow fall, but I always love the first flakes.

I am dining alone tonight, so I cooked a chicken breast and made a nice colorful salad. It's probably the last time I will enjoy fresh garden tomatoes until next August. To commemorate the event, I sat at the dining room table which is all decked out in Halloween black and orange.

While it was snowing I noticed the maple tree still had a few leaves, so I ran out in the wet snow/rain and cut down a few more branches to refill the pumpkin.

My blog post was just interrupted by some political poll. I must be in a good mood because I was very nice and even answered all her questions. I usually just hang up on any person who dares to interrupt my free time with their silly offers, polls, etc.

I haven't visited very many blogs during the past week. I was out of town for two days and since getting home, I haven't spent much time on the computer. I hope to catch up with all of you later in the week.

I leave you with a quote to ponder:

“The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.” ~ Source Unknown ~

6 comments:

  1. I love that quote and it is so true.
    Hope you enjoyed your time away, Zoey..I missed you!
    No snowflakes here..not yet!
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, that is so sweet (that you missed me). Thank you! Yes, I had a very enjoyable time with my Mom, Dad and DH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your quote too.
    Penna. had snow about an hour or so from here in Bucks County, over 2". We had that Nor'easter that disrupted the World Series here in Philly (rain event). Hopefully we'll clinch the title tomorrow night in the 3.5 innings that are left. I actually know most of the players now (after many years of not watching much)and the guys went to a game in the summer. Makes it more interesting.
    Your table and dinner look yummy! : )
    I am reading myself, but not until bedtime. I must put aside some time in the day as I'll never finish the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote, Zoe, how true.

    We had our first "real" snow yesterday, leaving us with an inch or so of the white stuff. It is mostly gone this morning. I also enjoy the first storms of winter, but talk to me again in late January and February.

    I love your pretty table. You also have the prettiest decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SNOW, you lucky dog! We just had our first killer frost yesterday. It was almost 2 weeks late.
    Isn't it fujnny how we love the first snow or two, but can come to hate it before winter is over.
    Have a great Halloween!
    Osagebluffquilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow? Already?? I was in shorts this afternoon and we haven't even lit the heater yet!
    Your table always looks festive. I'm sure it sets the mood for a much nicer meal!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...