I took the winter/holiday curtains down and have not replaced them because I want to make something different.
I have had this Simplicity 4973 pattern for quite some time.
I am always buying valance patterns when Joanne's has their .99 pattern sales. Most of them never make it out of the envelope. :)
But this cool weather puts me in a sewing mood.
Look! Not only have I removed it from the envelope, but I have even cut the pattern out.
I was surprised to find that only one piece is needed for each style. The envelope says, "Easy", but I wasn't expecting it to be that easy!
When I got home from work I went to the basement to rummage in the fabric bins to see if I had anything suitable. Finally I found two fabrics that I thought would work. I cut out two sections and sewed them together. It was just as easy as the pattern claimed....really, this pattern is a beginner's dream.
In about two hours, I had six sections sewn and pressed. I still need to sew the casing for the rod pocket and do a bit of embellishing....buttons, tassels or something.....but here they are so far:I guess you can't really see the fabric pattern/color (at least not on my monitor). I will post a better pic when I get them all gussied up. I still have to make 4 more panels for a second window.