Friday, November 23, 2007

On to the Next Holiday


While everyone else was cooking turkey, I was decorating my new 9.5 ft skinny Christmas tree.

We didn't go for the family dinner until 5:30 p.m. so I had plenty of time. By the way, Betty, I did take the cheesecake naked....no time left to try to garnish it. It was just fine the way it was. :)

Before beginning to decorate DH attached the stand to a very heavy round of wood. 9.5 feet of decorations can be quite heavy. This tree is never falling over!

We awoke to 6 inches of snow on Thanksgiving. You can see how white it looks outside.
It matched my mostly white tree nicely. Thank you, Mother Nature.



Most of the white on the tree comes from using 120 feet of white ribbon.

Two of these 60 foot rolls worked perfectly. The ribbon has small blue checks on the edges. I didn't even notice that when I bought it. You can see the blue checks at the top of the pic below. I wish the blue was not there, but it is what it is.

I got to use the birds and the bronze balls I bought at last year's after Christmas sales.


and the white poinsettias, and the bronze beaded icicles.... it's so much more fun when you have all kinds of new adornments to try out!
Here is the front view. You really must click it to see how it truly looks. These pictures are just to small. I removed the curtains and put the two wreaths up to cover the rod hardware.


Now I need to buy some bronze and gold wrapping paper so I can wrap a few fancy boxes to match the tree.

All in all I am happy with the new tree.

I am already humming Christmas music!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty and festive. Come and decorate my tree now, okay? I use all my same ol' ornaments, but I bet you could make even my Charlie Brown tree look special with ribbons and all.

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the tree Zoey and the blue edges on the ribbon fit right in..I love it!
    We have only a few little patches of snow on the ground. No real snowfall yet.
    Yay..the naked cheesecake wins!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's gorgeous! So different than last years. I like the tall skinny ones too for a change. I'm with you-get a color scheme and go with it. I'm not sure What I'm going this year yet as I can't really decorate for a few more weeks. The snow was definitely the icing on cake. I guess you didn't have to drive too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoey, Your tree is stunning! I love the bronze color and the birds are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many trees are you putting up this year?
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job! It looks like something out of a magazine :)
    I need to get myself in Christmas mode!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...