Monday, November 19, 2007

Look I Have Flowers Blooming


I put flowers inside the center of my latest star color combos. These have rusty/brown triangles on the ends (the others had purple). I am amassing quite a collection of star blocks.
They are quite entertaining to make. I don't know just what I will do with them. Nor do I really care. I just make them because it's fun. Sooner or later I will have an "ah ha" moment and decide what to do with them.

I just got home for the evening. I had to return some library books after work and I had my twice monthly nail appointment today. I've had the same nail art done for the past three appointments and I've worn the same color for the past four weeks. The color is called 'wine me & dine me'. No wonder I like it. :) I adore being wined and dined!

The polish is still curing, so I can't do much more than type. That makes me feel totally justified blogging rather than doing a household chore.

I am watching Ina Garten as I type. She is making a pumpkin banana tort. It looks delicious, though it is a combination hat I have never tried. Has anyone ever had banana and pumpkin together in a pie?

6:30pm: Now I am watching Rachael Ray cook a Thanksgiving dinner for 8 in one hour. I don't mean to put Rachael down, but I doubt that any meal that is cooked in one hour would be a dinner that I want to eat for Thanksgiving! I just don't think all the warm, homey Thanksgiving feelings could be cooked into any one-hour meal.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your new banner Zoey! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. It's my Thanksgiving table from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new banner, Zoey!
    You never cease to amaze me with all that beautiful quilting you do!
    Nope I haven't ever tried pumpkin and banana pie but it does sound interesting!
    Wining and dining..I could go for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your justification for blogging. I do the same thing... find reasons to HAVE to be here at the keyboard. Your latest quilt project is lovely. I'm embarking on picking out fabrics for a quilt that my mother is going to make for me. Fun with fabrics! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Thanksgiving feast looks great on your banner, Zoey but I don't understand the concept of a one-hour dinner.... isn't making the house smell wonderful all day one of the special benefits of slow roasted turkey?

    I'm such a crappy typist that my polish would get wrecked just blogging- so no polish!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...