I guess it would be hard to forget since I've used it for my profile picture!
I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate the cardinal into my latest quilt--the autumn-colored star one I've been spending every free moment creating for the past few weeks. I really like the cardinal and I have been trying to think of a way to give him a starring role.
I needed to somehow incorporate him into a center medallion. This is much easier to say than to do! It took me a long time to figure out how to get a 9-patch unit to fit as a star. The whole unit had to be divisible by 9, but the cardinal block was only 7" square. Like I said, it was not that easy to do! :)
I am so very proud to be able to show you my 27-inch square with the cardinal in the center .........
Now that I've got him completed, I've decided I need more open space between him and all the stars. So now I must come up with another 9-inch border. I am tempted to just put a plain fabric 9-inch border all around. It would be so easy and maybe, just maybe, it would be exactly what is needed between the bird and all the other stars.
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
2 years ago