Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Progress (or lack of) Report

I have not worked on the log cabin in a week, so I am still at 17 blocks left to quilt. The denim quilt has been sitting neatly folded awaiting its turn in the quilting lineup. Last week I started another quilt. Having many leftover 1-1/2” strips from the log cabin, I decided to use them to make a double nine-patch. I pieced 22 blocks and began playing with the setting possibilities. Nothing really excited me. A number of the blocks were not quite square, which was very frustrating. I decided not to waste any more time and abandon the project. The next day, I exercised my female right and I changed my mind. I added a blank block between each double nine, I added two borders, I made some pieced 1”inch strips for another 5” border, I made a few pinwheel blocks (just to see if I wanted to put a border of pinwheels—current thought is “no” as the blocks are too big). I am still not sure what I am going to do, but I think I will keep adding borders until it ends up as my normal king-size covering. I will post pictures when I get time to take some.

My goal in making these scrap quilts was to use up my stash. I was heading in the right direction until this past weekend when I went to JoAnne’s “40% off already on clearance fabric” sale. For over an hour and a half I drifted through the marked down aisles in a daze, grabbing bolt after bolt of formerly $5.99 - $7.99/yard fabric, now going for a mere $1.20 - $1.80/yard. I bought a number of 2 or 3 yard parcels, ending up with about 31 yards of new stash. I bought nothing that was destined for any particular project…just stuff I would have-- if I ever needed it. So once again I am overloaded with stash. Ah, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...