Wednesday, June 22, 2022

I have been adding more and more shrubs to my perennial borders

I am loving the yellow pops of color from the two spirea Goldstrom in the distance
This false cypress mophead echoes the same golden hue:
Flanking this arbor I have a Ninebark and a Royal Purple Smoketree:
From the road view, you can see another Spirea that moved last fall. It's doing great! The center shrub looks golden now, but it is actually a Burning Bush which will turn bright red in the fall. I have a number of burning bushes.
I also have 4 Limelight hydrangea shrubs, 3 of which I moved last fall from other areas of my yard. They, too, are doing great. I cannot wait until they are all in bloom!
There are two of the Limelight hydrangeas in this photo. The Queen Alexander poppies are blooming under one that was moved last fall. I am so pleased with all of the shrubs that I started moving into my garden about 8 years ago. I was unhappy with how the perennials looked good for a week or two and then they died and made the entire garden look bland and dull until the next plants came into bloom. The shrubs provide some needed constant structure. I don't know if anyone is still following me here from the old days when I blogged all the time. If anyone is still here, I would like to say "Thank you" for following me all these years! Please leave a comment so I know you are still checking in now and then. Hope you get some enjoyment from my garden pics. You may notice that there has been a lot of change. Just last year we had 33 huge pine trees removed which takes me from almost complete shade on the far border to nearly full sun now! I believe we have had at least 70 big pine trees removed since I began gardening here 34 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane! (though I still think of you as Zoey lol) I started following your blog several years before I got married. My husband and I will be celebrating 10 yrs of marriage in 2023. I am definitely still a fan and I check in every few months. :) We have a small farm in central Missouri. My garden is the opposite of yours. I focus on annuals (lots of zinnias!) because I love having tons of flowers to arrange all summer. I also cross-stitch in the winter. I'm trying my hand at quilting and sewing but I'm not very good at it yet. Here's to many more years of seeing your lovely blog, cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...