Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Answering Yesterday's Comments and I am Glad I Did NOT Hang These Quilts!

First of all, a big thank you to my latest follower "J".  I hope you find enough of interest to keep following me.

I am also answering the few comments from yesterday in this post because I really don't think anyone has time to go back and re-read comments and I want you all to know how appreciative I am of your comments.

Sissy,

Thank you! I am feeling 200% better today!

Ruth,

Welcome! What a delight to read your comment. I would have emailed you privately, but you were anonymous, so I had to answer here. I am so glad you found something worth spending hours at my blog! I know I am just thrilled when I come across a blog on the weekend that is so interesting, I spend half a day just reading old posts. I salute you back with the glass of Chardonnay that I am drinking right now---from the box, of course. :)

Betty and Dianne,

Thank you both for the well wishes. You are both such loyal readers and I double thank you for that!

So I just finished my third mini quilt from this weekend. I can admit when I am wrong -- and I was oh, so wrong to think these would have made quilt art that I wanted to look at for the rest of my life (since it's doubtful that DH will ever agree to change pics and fix the sixteen holes he drilled into the wall to hang the 8 lighthouse pictures). The colors ended up way  darker than I originally thought they would be anyway.


They do make pretty good trivets to protect my long counter when I am in a mega baking mood, or when I have a family potluck and everyone brings a hot dish. I have one more to finish and that should fill in most of  the slightly-over-8-foot counter. 

Did anyone notice my parsley plant down at the end of the counter?  I have kept it alive all winter (!) and have even used it a few times.  I actually still have three of the four herbs I tried to save.  I used some rosemary on Sunday when I made a very tasty pot roast.  I do love having fresh herbs during the winter months.

Take care, all, & I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Always enjoy coming here Zoey. Good on you being able to save some herbs..I don't seem to have any luck with that. I love using fresh herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great about finding another use for your quilt squares.
    I'm glad your parsley lived and you used some. I have a few coleus hanging on by a thread, so come on nice weather.
    Also happy you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they look on your counter and as you say, will make great trivets for hot dishes! I just caught up on your last few posts and read that you had orginally thought of framing them and hanging them up in your hallway...I think you were right in putting up the lighthouse pictures instead because the quilts would have made the hallway look smaller with their dark colours. Just my opinion anyway:-)

    I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so much better now. I was out for coffee with my friend June this afternoon and she wasn't feeling well...let's just hope she hasn't given me what she has! lol

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a feat, to keep herbs alive in the house, all winter. The hot dry air seems to kill mine, along with a good dose of neglect and absentmindedness!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...