Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Fast Weekend with Little Accomplished

I did do a slight bit of organizing today. I have too many old magazines again. We took an overnight trip yesterday and I took a stack of them with me to read on the drive. If I found anything I wanted to keep, I tore that page out.
Then I tossed the remainder of the magazine in the garbage.


When I got home this afternoon, I filed away the pages I tore out.

I need to toss out a lot more, but that's a start. I will work on it this week.

I made some chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight.



I decided to brown the cut up chicken breasts right in the soup pot so I could get some fond. (I can't believe I already found an opportunity to use our new word!) Some people just throw the raw chicken in the boiling pot or use precooked chicken, but I think the broth tastes much better if you have a little something to deglaze before you add the chicken stock.

I also used this tiny little pasta.
I love different pasta varieties. This one is a nice size to scoop up with a spoon.


I bet a lot of you were busy making super bowl appetizers this weekend. We don't get all that jazzed over the Super Bowl. I think DH is watching it right now, but he's by himself and has no munchies. I will hit the channel changer every now and then to try to catch a commercial. I couldn't care less about the actual game. If I bought a square in one of those Super Bowl pools, I might watch the end of each quarter just to see if I won. But I didn't, so I won't.


I can't believe it's already time to go back to work. Next weekend I will have to stay home so I can get some much needed cleaning done.

11 comments:

  1. Your soup looks yummy!
    We had the Superbowl on but I was making art cards. The Eagles were really close to being there-oh well!
    I just clipped some magazines lately too. I don't file them-a stuffed in a box right now-bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne,
    Box, file, it doesn't matter as long as we get rid of some of the old magazines cluttering up our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE tell me you recycled those magazines and that they didn't go to a landfill.

    That soup looks absolutely delicious. Wish I had a spoonful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear, anonymous. I just ripped out what I wanted and tossed them into the garbage. I can't imagine anybody wants a magazine with all the good stuff ripped out. My garbage man will pick them up on Thursday. Did I do a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup looks absolutely delicious! And I can't believe you don't watch the Super Bowl. It's as American as, well, chicken soup? ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, TC. I don't even know who won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...come to think of it, I don't even know who played.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby watched the Super Bowl while I cleaned up in my computer room. Ahh..that feels better.
    Yummy looking chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you get a chance please stop by my blog http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ and pick up your award.

    Congrats

    Have a great weekend!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, good for you, Zoey! My hubby is very good at doing that with his magazines, but I'm not. My gardening and Birds and Blooms mags are harder though than his woodworking mags are to save articles from. That's my excuse :)
    Your chicken soup looks so delicious! I'm cooking a turkey breast, so maybe soup will be on the menu next. I love to make soup with the turkey carcass.
    You sure have had your share of snow up there...even more than us! I don't mind a good snow storm either, as long as I don't have to drive in it.
    That's neat about your tablescaping blog being a 'blog of note' :) You've done some fun and interesting settings.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't get many magazines but Cottage Living was a favorite. Maybe it's nuts, Zoey, but knowing there will be no more makes me want to save the issues that I still have!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    (I think the recycling option is different from region to region. We can throw magazines, junk mail and phone books in the bin with the newspapers...in other places they only take newspapers.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...