Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What a Difference Two Weeks can Make!

On June 25, I posted the picture of this canna container bemoaning it's small size.



Well, look at it today! This should be proof that size does matter!



It has really taken off and I am so much happier with it.



Here are a few pictures of feverfew blooming. It's one of those plants that reseeds itself all over and I pull handfuls of it out all the time.


You can never get it all, which is a good thing because I do love the tiny white flowers when it's in bloom. I never know just where it will pop up from year to year.
I must have bought some more red carpet day lilies last year because I have some blooming on the Arbor Garden path (By the time summer arrives, I can never remember what I planted in the fall).


Here is a picture of one of the deck wall planters that is not doing so well. I am hoping to shame it into production like I did the big canna container.


Maybe in two weeks this one will be big and beautiful. I don't want to see any of the front of the container and the geraniums should be at least twice as big. I am not a big geranium fan. I can never get them to grow big and beautiful. I only bought these because flower varieties were very limited this year and I needed that orange color.

Let's hope they surprise me this year.

5 comments:

  1. Your flowers are looking fantastic, Zoey..all the planting and watering..well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the geraniums and sweet potato will take off. I noticed mine finally did a few weeks ago. I know the vine likes more wet than the geraniums. And your Canna lily pot really did spring to action-it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cannas are looking great. Now I'm sorry I decided not to do them this year, but I'll definitely do them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty, Thank you. I am happy that they are finally taking off. I have been fertilizing at least 3 times a week and it seems to be paying off.

    Dianne, I hope you are right! I am pretty sure the vine will take off, but not so sure about the geranium.

    Hi Giddy, I can't imagine being without my cannas. They are the backbone of the entire deck display. I am getting quite a selection of them. I can't wait to see my new "Wyoming' and 'black knight' bloom. So far the foliage is not too impressive. The leaves are way smaller than the Tropicanas, which are the ones I truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the before and after! It is so gratifying when things work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...