Saturday, June 28, 2008

My First Fresh Raspberries of the Year

I never take for granted the fact that my dear husband does the grocery shopping. He does a great job and I am so grateful that I don't have to worry about that chore. If I want something I just write it on the list that we keep on the kitchen desk. He's very good at checking the sale ads and he knows more than I do when something is a good price.

Today he found fresh raspberries on sale. I decided to make a baby spinach, raspberry, and pecan salad for dinner. I shook together raspberry vinegar, oil, and 2 tablespoons of mixed berry ice cream topping to make a slightly sweet tangy dressing.

What a pretty salad and it was good, too. The only thing it was missing was a few thin rings of red onion.

We got a little thunderstorm about 5:30 p.m. today. I stuck my camera out of the window in my computer room to show you.

It's hard to get a good picture of rain. Have you ever noticed that?

Earlier this morning, I was out digging up more of the sedum 'coral carpet'.
I removed three wheelbarrow loads from this area. Tomorrow I will do the other side. I already did it last year, but somehow tons of it came back.

This is one area that I hit with Roundup yesterday. I was very happy to see it all dying down like this!

I went around and gave everything a second dose, which still will not kill it all. Those fleshy leaves are so tough to get rid of. If anyone ever wants to give you this stuff, RUN in the other direction. It is even worse than the creeping bellflower I battled a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Your salad looks delicious! It's definitely one of my favorite combos.
    God Bless your DH for going to the grocery store. I think there is an art to food shopping. I'm just not crazy about it. I will say I love stores like Trader Joe's as they have different things, like 5 layer taco dip and great lowfat snack foods. They have meringue cookies and chocolate dipped coffee beans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know about trying to getting rid of invasive plants..had that Chinese Lantern that I worked on getting rid of for a few years..I'd say the same for that one..run away if anyone wants to give you that plant..
    Love raspberries in my salad..yours looks so yummy!
    Hubby and I do the groc shopping together, he also is much better than I am at finding the deals.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...