Monday, September 24, 2007

Blogger Play

So have you all seen the new Blogger Play feature?

I just noticed it today. Here is the description from the Blogger page:

BloggerPlay will show you a never-ending stream of images that were just uploaded to public Blogger blogs. You can click the image to be taken directly to the blog post it was uploaded to, or click “show info” to see an overlay with the post title, a snippet of the body, and some profile information about the blogger who uploaded it.

Hmmmmmmmm…………..this is bothering me.

I am not sure exactly why. I am already posting my pics so they are available to be seen by anyone who finds my blog. Yet something about someone sitting there watching this stream of images and seeing mine is really bothering me! Sometimes I upload a picture and then reconsider and delete it. With this feature people will see the image I didn’t want seen.

You can opt out of this but if you do so, your blog is removed from all Blogger listings.

You could stop posting pictures, but if you do, you may as well stop blogging.

Interesting dilemma.

Is is just me or does this “feature” bother anyone else?

5 comments:

  1. I saw this feature last week and clicked it on. It's mesmerizing to watch - really fun. I didn't realize you could stop it and get blog info from each photo...
    I'm not sure how I feel about it - my first thoughts were simply that it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know about this newest feature...goes to show I don't pay attention to Blogger news! lol I'll have to check it out. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed this newest feature either. I usually have to have someone else point out "new features"
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice either, Zoey - and am not sure if it bugs me or not. As a garden blogger I sometimes upload photos and keep them in draft while waiting to take other photos, add them in and then write the text. If Bloggerplay lets the photos be seen before the post is published, I'll have to change my method.

    Thanks for pointing this out!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, that's the way I understand it. It says when uploaded to Blogger, not when posted. I could be wrong (hopefully).

    I have since spent a little time watching pics go by and have even clicked on one or two of interest to visit the blog. It's something to entertain myself if I get bored.

    I guess it's not such a big deal........

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...