Monday, May 28, 2007

I Read that Sleeping is one of the best remedies for the common cold

Thank you all for the concern and best wishes.

I spent most of Friday and Saturday in bed with a sore throat, cough and congested head.

I had my book and TV remote by my side.

Every two hours I took a cold tablet in an attempt to mask the miserable symptoms. On Sunday my body finally won the viral slugfest and felt somewhat human again.

All weekend I kept thinking of that tall grass with the seedheads swaying in the breeze. I kept seeing all those seedheads laughing at me as they dropped thousands of their next generation all over the ground while I coughed and sneezed my weekend away.

Although I still sound like I have a clothespin attached to my nose, I feel fine and went to work today. I should be outside right now working on the weeds, but I am no longer in the mood.

In between all that sleeping this weekend, I did get a full novel read and started on a second one. Now that I am into the second one, I want to spend my free time reading.

This is the bed I was working on Friday. I removed all of that sedum album 'coral carpet'(the reddish color stuff) that was edging the entire bed. It may not look like a very large bed, but it took 10 wheelbarrow loads to get it all out. I took this picture when I was only about half done. I actually did remove it all. I still need to haul some topsoil in to finish it.

Over the weekend my poppies started to bloom.


Oh, yea, remember that orange/purple color scheme for the hanging baskets?
Well, two of the waves have bloomed and both are hot PINK!!

This year is just not going well. It can only get better. Right?

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend!
    Those orange poppies are gorgeous.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you felt so lousy over the weekend. Getting a lot of reading done is good! I love your poppies and hot pink petunias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey, I'm so glad to hear that you're on the mend! Geez, your poppies are blooming...mine are only about 2 inches out of the ground yet! lol I have to go thin them out soon, there's tons of them in my flowerbed at the back of the house. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better! The poppies are gorgeous. I need to plant poppies - not sure why I don't have any... That had to be a ton of work removing the sedum - you deserve a couple days of book time! What are you reading??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate when you buy a plant and think it is a totally different color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoey, I'm sure it's too soon for you to be back at work and besides, you have a book to read! The tempation of a good book outweighs almost everything else, doesn't it?

    Don't the sepals on the Oriental poppy buds remind you of an egg cracking open? They're so darn huge!

    At least the wave petunias are HOT pink. Pale pink would have been very Monet, a look I think you and I aren't going for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoey - Your gardens are beautiful and you have quite the knack of capturing gorgeous pictures. Do you have zinnias blooming already? My zinnia seedlings are only about 2-inches high.

    Glad to hear your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fabulous picture of the poppies! I don't have any myself, i am jealous...

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...