Monday, March 28, 2005

Cheating Doesn't Pay

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. We went to my inlaws for brunch and had a very nice time. Everyone in DH's family enjoys cooking, so it is always fun to sample the new dishes. I made a lemon cream cheese pie, a new recipe for me from an old issue of Taste of Home magazine. I embellished it a bit by adding a topping of lemon curd, and it was quite tasty. I wish I had taken a pic of it to post for you. I do not consider myself a good pie crust maker, so I tried to "cheat" by using one of those rolled pie crusts in the refrigerator section. You just open the package and roll it into your own pie plate. It unrolled very easily (no tears). I put two into the oven (crusts were blind baked for this pie). Ten minutes later I opened the oven door and much to my surprise, the edges of both crusts had fallen down right on top of the bottom crust. (I did take a pic of this, but I am not posting from my home computer so can't show it). There I was with two FLAT pie crusts. I ended up having to make my own after all, which turned out O.K. (I could have used a bit more crust on the edges to cover the shrinkage).

I did not do much quilting this weekend--just one block on the log cabin. I am down to only 3 more blocks to quilt and then I have to make the binding. I am considering a multi-fabric binding using many of the fabrics in the quilt. Of course joining the different fabrics would result in a lot of seams, so I may have to rethink this. Do you all make your own binding? I have to admit that in the past, I have mostly purchased quilt binding. The colors are very limiting though, so I will probably make it this time. For those of you who make your own, do you cut it on the bias?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...