Sunday, January 23, 2005

Fabric Covered Wastebasket

I also made a matching wastebasket by covering a ho-hum one with the same fabric as the shower curtain. It is a fun, easy project. The fabric is attached by slathering on a decoupage glue (I used Mod Podge) and wrapping the fabric around the container. Once all the fabric and embellishments are on, put a nice layer of the glue over top and let it dry. Apply two or three more layers of the glue. This gives a nice water resistant finish. I found it easiest to put a glob of glue in my glove-protected hand and just rub in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...