Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pinecone Christmas Decor

While searching for some new Christmas decorating ideas, I came across these rustic pinecone items at the Horchow site.
This year decorating in a rustic style is somewhat appealing to me.


 
I think I could easily make my own by gluing cones to this topiary form (that I used in a previous year for a candy theme):
 
I also have a number of  paper mache reindeer that I could use.   
[top+enter+cente++CUr.jpg]
I think I remembered these  deer being smaller than they are.  Now that I see the picture, I don't know if I want to devote that much time and effort to changing their appearance.  Gluing sounds easy, but I think it would take many hours to get them on just right. I may have to be happy just admiring a rustic woodland holiday theme in other people's homes. 
 
Are any of you decorating yet?  I know it's early, but this is usually when I begin mine.  I get it all done, but don't turn the tree on until the day after Thanksgiving.  This year I plan to cut down on the decorating.

11 comments:

  1. I adore pine cones and pine trees, they are in my home decor year around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like in photos those deer were smaller too. I think they would look great with pinecones though, but that is permanent as you'd never get the glue off. Of course I love pinecone things so it would be a good thing. :)
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved pinecones. We used to make pinecone trees, wreaths, and candle rings. They were so pretty. Anxious to see what decorating ideas you come up with.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love decorating with pine cones and I love these topiaries. But I am cutting down on decorating this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoey, I think you made a good decision in not covering your 'deer' with pine cones. I think it might be hard to get it looking right. Sometimes we can just enjoy from afar:)
    My door wreath is going up today..then I will slowly get going on the rest. I don't decorate a lot The tree comes up early, I would have it up already but hubby thinks not:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pine cones are pretty versatile. You could try one deer?
    I still have Halloween things up! I will take down the cats and pumpkins this weekend, but leave the owls up until the end of the month. I may have to cut back because of my hip problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decorating? Ha Ha Ha. I'm not even sure I have all 12 of my Halloween decorations down.
    the first year we moved into our new house (19 years ago), my daughter and I decorated the day after thanksgiving. Hubby came in and threw a fit. We really had to take the Christmas decorations down for a week or two! It's now a family joke, but it wasn't then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have given me some awesome inspiration! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the pinecone holiday items.

    thanks for sharing all this with us.

    love the rustic look~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the idea of the reindeer covered with pine cones but like you say, it might be hard to get them all placed right! I remember when my mom had made me a pine cone wreath, I used it for years until it started to fall apart.

    I haven't started decorating yet but I'm itching to do so! lol Our local Santa Claus Parade is next Saturday so maybe I'll start decorating then. As soon as Remembrance Day is over (Nov. 11th), my Christmas music comes out:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, these pinecone decorations are pretty unique!~ I love that pinecone topiary, so clever and it seems that I can do that as well for this coming holiday. Let me pin this to my board Christmas decorations 2014 if you don't mind. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...