Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whoooooo Hoooooooooo---I Finally Have Something for Jean's Blooming Tuesday!

Admittedly, it's not much.  But after visiting all of the blogs at  Jean's Blooming Tuesday, I was slightly depressed.  One of them was  already eating salad from her own garden! Here I am still waiting for the last snowbank to melt.  That would depress the best of us.

It's been  in the 40's and raining here all day.

At 5pm the rain finally stopped and I decided to run out to the deck to see if a little clump of daffodils that I noticed yesterday had bloomed.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.....here they are:
 I think this qualifies as my first bloom!  Pathetic, I know. But it's a bloom!

I decided to walk off the deck and check out the ligularia planter I showed last week. Remember, I was hoping it had survived the winter....Whooo Hooo!!! It's alive!!

At the edge of my planting bench, I noticed chives beginning to grow.

I am so glad I decided to walk outside.  Winter is finally ending in northern Michigan!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, we're a bit ahead of you here in NJ but it is a start! It will be busting with blooms before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Isn't it great to see green?!! I hope spring keeps on comin'! Nothing much new here but at least things are growing. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooooo-hooo indeed! Spring has arrived in Michigan finally. Congrats on the first little bloom and yes it counts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to celebrate the positive, Zoey! I cannot wait to see your deck pots and your allium
    !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those first few blooms are just about the most treasured ones of the year, aren't they! So glad your Ligularia survived!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is always a welcomed sight. However these rains can stop ANY time. Luckily in my area, it's not flooding. Poor southern Missouri is horrible. We have reservations at a camp gound for 3 weeks from now, it's under 23 FEET of water as I type.
    Where were you born in Missouri?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoey I so agree the first blossoms are time for celebration especially after the winter and cold spring both sides of the border are having.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that winter is over - finally. You guys really had it bad this winter. I know how exciting that is to see the first signs of spring. Yea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...