Friday, April 1, 2011

I Have Not Had a Very Good Week

I like to keep this blog light and fun so I won't go into details, but I have had a very bad week.  Now and then out of nowhere we are thrown down a rough road. Somehow we find the strength to keep trodding down the path.....
So when I got home this afternoon, I decided I deserved to open this bottle of wine that the Big Kahuna gifted me with last month.
I can't even pronounce the name.

I do love having a boss who likes to buy good wine. He usually gifts me with a bottle of whatever the latest case to arrive at the office is. It's always fun to break away from my $14/box grocery store wine and pretend to be an oenophile (a wine aficionado or connoisseur) like he is.

He keeps saying that he has turned me from a teetotaler to a lush! I have to say this dry white wine is very good--prior to his vino teachings, I hated dry wine. Now I like the dry whites; I even like some of the reds....so maybe he's right! LOL.

So far I have no plans for the weekend. I will probably stay home, clean, cook, sew and maybe begin to read one of the novels I won.

I hope you all have a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Whatever it is you are dealing with, don't forget, you have friends out here in blogland. I don't know you, but I do care about you!
    Here's to a weekend gaining peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about you too! Take it one day at a time. Sometimes things seem overwhelming until everything falls into place. Try to have a relaxing week-what you have planned sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you had a lousy week. Hope you have a peaceful weekend. Here's to enjoying your vino...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoey, I'm sorry to hear about your bad week, I know what those are like, unfortunately. Here's hoping the problem will resolve itself, sometimes things seem bleak and then a solution appears. Have a great weekend and try to relax and remember, we're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the glory of a beautiful Michigan spring surround you, Zoey. Happy April :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Zoey sorry you week was bad. But hey it's gonna get better when you get compnay next week.
    I'm a dry red person most of the time. I did start on sweet wines and I worked my way up to drys. But I can drink a nice white.
    However, last week in Texas I found my new favorite drink .. . and I think it might be healthy, cranberry juice, vodka and a splash of diet 7-up.
    Enjoy your weekend and your wine.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the weekend goes better! the wine should help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever is troubling you - remember- you are not alone! Hop through your garden images from last year while enjoying the wine - these things of beauty will cheer you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Zoey, I'm so sorry to hear that your week didn't go well at all but as I've learned lately, the friends we have in this blogworld of ours, are the most caring and loving people around and we're all here for each other. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know, I'm a good listener too:-)

    I'm not much of a drinker but I do like to have white wine once in a while. Wish I could go have a glass with you! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really like white wine...I perfer red...but not too sweet...hope next week is better for you..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...