On Sunday we finally had a dry afternoon. I made use of about two hours to cut down all the tall debris from some of my gardens. I started here and went all the way down to the the end of the two longest gardens.
There was a lot to cut down in this one. All those tall asters in the back, tons of Sedum Autumn Joy and phlox,
and the globe thistle.
All of it is now gone.
In the front yard, I cut down dozens more Sedumn A. Joy.
I did a lot of work, but I still have plenty more to cut down. If I had about one more hour, I could have removed all of this Sedum.
Unfortunately I got a big blister that burst just as I was getting to this side.
So it will all have to wait. If I don't get another opportunity, it will stay until spring. That is usually what happens.
I feel good, though, because I have already got a lot more done than I did last year.
On Saturday morning I stopped at the dollar store to pick up some Halloween candy and look what I found:
They were putting out Christmas decorations and I grabbed these limey green items. I think I will mix them with pink this year on my smaller trees. I plan to do another aqua/lime green main tree so pink/lime will blend in well.
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
3 years ago